IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE, you should remain calm and:
- Pull the nearest fire alarm.
- Call 911 from a safe location.
- Evacuate or relocate and assist all others in the immediate area.
- Close doors behind you to isolate fire.
- NEVER use the elevators in the event of a fire emergency.
- Be cautious when opening doors so as not to spread the fire. Touch any door to see if it is hot before opening.
If smoke is present, stay low and crawl with your body against the floor. The clearest air is near the floor. If forced to make a dash through smoke or flame, hold your breath and cover your nose and mouth with an article of clothing.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Building Safety Solutions to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.